Job Title: Programme Accountant
Reference Code: FCI/ AO/PA/2017
Location: Africa Office- Nairobi
Farm Concern International (FCI), is an Africa-wide Market and Trade Development Organization focused on commercialization of smallholder farmers and agro-pastoral communities. FCI systematically develops modern marketing concepts and builds business relationships through strategic alliances to enhance competitiveness in the market place, economic growth, sustainability and profitability of agro-enterprises in various African countries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
In liaison with the Finance Team the Program accountant assumes responsibility for post award grant accounting thus ensuring compliance with funding source, administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate posting of transactions, and budgetary control for the assigned programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly posted in the ERP.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations on monthly basis (Simulate period closure process).
- Play lead role in processing on-line financial transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash forecasts.
- Participate in the institutional budgetary process.
- Ensure timely execution of all scheduled internal and external payments.
- Process payroll and post payroll journal monthly.
- Provide financial support to projects being implemented including prompt preparation and submission of periodically scheduled reports to project implementation.
- Prepare cost reports to demonstrate compliance. Ensuring proper classification of incurred costs and compliance of the stipulation of the grant.
- Approve payments as per mandate
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENT/ COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPA-K).
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
- Problem solving ability and where they can creatively solve Strategic vision andleadership skills.
- Results oriented mindset.
- Firm demeanor that ensures he/she implements very stringent controls and accountability culture throughout the team.
- Experience in Quick books and Microsoft Navision will be an added advantage.
JOBS SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong customer focus and problem solver
- Leadership skills and Teamwork ability
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Analytical skills
- Solid skills in documentation
- Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity