FCI Capacity Development department has innovatively designed, developed and disseminated 237 audio-visual & print materials across 24 Countries for 132 partners based on an integrated delivery approach customized for target clients.
FCI tailor makes capacity building packages for Commercial Villages, Farmer Organizations, Agro-Enterprises, Private Sector Players and Partner to determine learning and training methodologies for farmers, partners and buyers as well as disseminating the information. The multi-leveled curriculum development and training approach has been customized to various target groups with a strong component on interactive learning and exposure visits. A series of Training materials have further been developed into Video and Audio Teaching Aids with a local dialect translation. The Capacity Building Materials are organic and are upgraded to ensure responsiveness to needs of target partners or clients.
ICT Solutions for Capacity Building and Market Information Systems is a critical avenue for massive-distribution of information and training which FCI is testing and upgrading systems consistently based on feedback from Smallholder Communities, Private Sector players , Stakeholders and Commercial Villages. FCI is further in partnership with various private and public players for a synergy in delivery methodologies that complements and keeps it cost effective.
FCI capacity innovations are meant to strengthen the capacity of whatever target group the materials have been designed for. Various actors in Agricultural value chains need to be influenced through information resulting to increased multi-sector dialogue among the actors. FCI has developed the following dissemination channels of the materials:
1. E-training Manuals customized in local dialects to suite country specifics.
2. Illustration manuals- visual aids play a critical role in adult learning since they ensure easy conceptualization of processes and interventions.
3. Audio Visual Materials (case studies, documentaries). The availability of multi-country experiences across FCI work enables
4. Step wise process guidelines – these allow for easy comprehension and application.
5. Kijiji-e-Training Kit an off grid kit that is solar charged and used in the villages for over 8 hours.
FCI Impact stories is a new communication series through which Farm Concern International, FCI shares untold stories of progress and profits in Africa gathered through direct implementation of Commercial Villages Model for smallholder commercialization and market access going on for 12 years [2004-2016] and commencing scale up in 2017. The series is based on impact data and tales of transformation for programmes in smallholder commercialization, market access and capacity development conducted in 24 countries in partnership with 132 development partners and 24,028 buyers.
The Domestic Horticulture Markets (DoHoMa) Programme is a 5 year programme designed for domestic markets mainstreaming with a focus on Traditional African Vegetables (TAVs), Bulb Onions and Irish Potatoes with an Agri-Nutrition Solutions component. DoHoMa is graduating 115,491 Smallholder Farmers, SHF into entrepreneurs and with cumulative sales of USD 350 Million in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda and Malawi. The programme is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, BMGF....Read More
Job Title: Programme Accountant
Reference Code: FCI/TZ /PA-01/2016
Location: Arusha - Tanzania
Farm Concern International, FCI is a Market Access and Economic Development Organization working across Africa to improving the livelihoods of small holder communities. Farm Concern International, FCI has an opportunity in the above position.
DUTIES/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Budgeting and Expenditure
• Coordinate development of the annual budget for the Programs assigned and Countries, ensuring they meet the appropriate program support to expenditure ratios
• Work with FCI staff, and other partners to identify and respond appropriately to local financial capacity & management issues within the programs
• Ensure that all FCI projects and programs achieve acceptable financial audit results by implementing interventions in accordance with established norms and policies;
• Provide leadership in any budget revision/ proposal or the grants that are in programs assigned to you
• Prepare bank monthly reconciliation for the bank accounts and ensuring that all reconciling items are followed up and addressed
• Promotion of FCI Business including maintaining good relationship with suppliers by facilitating timely and accurate payments in line with FCI policy.
Compliance and Reporting
• Maintenance of accurate and updated fixed assets registers for the program and ensure internal controls are properly adhered to
• Monitor monthly program’s expenditures and preparation of timely and accurate financial reports
• Conduct training of program staff on FCI financial procedures and provide regular support with financial supervisory visits
Bachelor of Accounting and Finance; Advance Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent from a recognized Institution with a minimum of one year experience in the accountancy field. CPA (T) or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Job Skills & Personal Attributes
• Teamwork ability
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• High level of integrity and confidentiality
• Analytical skills
• Solid skills in documentation
[pb_row background="none" solid_color_value="#FFFFFF" solid_color_color="#ffffff" gradient_color="0% #FFFFFF,100% #000000" gradient_color_css="" gradient_direction="vertical" pattern="" repeat="full" image="" stretch="none" position="center center" paralax="no" parallax_scroll="no" video_url="" autoplay="no" border_width_value_="0" border_style="solid" border_color="#000" width_value="" width_unit="%" div_padding="" div_padding_top="10" div_padding_bottom="10" div_padding_right="10" div_padding_left="10" css_suffix="" id_wrapper="" ][pb_column span="span12"][pb_accordion el_title="Kaves 1" initial_open="1" multi_open="no" filter="no" appearing_animation="0" ][pb_accordion_item heading="KAVES in brief..." ]The USAID-Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises (KAVES) is a 5 year project that seeks to increase the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other value chain actors working in the horticultural ,maize and other staples and dairy sectors thereby improving nutrition and enhancing food security in 22 counties in arid and semi arid(SA2) and high rainfall (HR1) areas . The KAVES project aims to make interventions that rectify specific constraints and inefficiencies in the production, processing and marketing of 10 value chains which include; maize, Irish potato, sweet potato, banana, sorghum, pulses, groundnut, French beans, mango and passion fruit.[/pb_accordion_item][pb_accordion_item heading="Problem Statement" icon="icon-help" ]
[/pb_accordion_item][pb_accordion_item heading="The Approach" icon="icon-contract-2" ]
[/pb_accordion_item][pb_accordion_item heading="Target Value Chains" icon="icon-filter" ]
FCI VISION : Commercialized smallholder communities with increased incomes for improved, stabilized & sustainable livelihoods in Africa and beyond