Take the tablet form of this medication with a full glass of water (8 ounces/240 milliliters) unless your doctor directs you otherwise. If you are using the liquid form of this medication, How to use Prednisone
Job Title: Programmes Manager
Reference Code: FCI/ RO/PM/2021
Location: Kigali Office
Closing Date: 20TH April 2021
Nationality: Rwandese (Other Nationalities with experience in Rwandese Agricultural Value Chains and can be able to obtain work permit can also be considered)
Farm Concern International, FCI is an Africa-wide Agri-market development agency specialized in value chain analysis, profitable smallholder commercialization and market access. FCI’s experiential journey spans over a decade, and has been rolled out in over 9 countries in Africa, impacting over 18 million smallholder farmers and agro-pastoralists. FCI’s implementation approach for scale up is through The Commercial Village Model; an innovative mass marketing system designed for high impact among large numbers of smallholder farming households through a multi-value chain focus. FCI is a unique hybrid organization that blends dual dimensions of selected industry best practice from the private sector and development world.
FCI provides direct implementing expertise with expanded strategic partnerships dedicated to consortiums, development partners & programmes, contractors, and International Agencies. This blended approach creates opportunity for beneficial partnership between two distinctly divergent systems. This results in innovative market bridges between the formalized private sector, traditional informal markets and subsistent smallholders.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position is a programmes oversight position whereby the holder is expected to ensure that the assigned programme is highly coordinated and facilitated including; market systems development, business partnership, commercialization initiatives as well as input linkages translating to sales and income generation by FCI beneficiaries as per stipulated donor, consortium partners and other stakeholders’ requirements. The staff is required to be technically able to offer strategic direction on various and multifaceted management functions as well as offer innovations and guidance in management of organization core activities such as technical support to partners, market linkages and partnership development with different categories of market players. The holder of this position is required to build a strong country team with ability to manage the project through creating synergies with Government, various other critical actors and consortiums.
1. Provide continuous oversight of the project cycle and identify need for adjustment and improvement of systems and processes to improve efficiency, the optimal utilization of resources and improve quality of deliverables.
2. Maintain continuous liaisons with Africa Office and give monthly reports on the Rwanda office work to the direct supervisor in Africa Office.
3. Design and implementation of project activities including development of work plans and management of Activity Teams.
4. Assuring quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
5. Participate in research and development of research reports, technical notes and related project activities.
6. Ensure regular interface, coordination and liaison with donors and clients to provide accurate, relevant and timely reporting on project implementation, impact and development opportunities.
7. Technical support of staff under supervision and where necessary partner staff on the implementation of the CV model and other business models
8. Linking private Sector partners to Commercial villages to provide various services
9. Work plan review and programme deliverables consolidation
10. Organizing monthly and quarterly review meetings (Virtual and Physical with minutes/ proceedings) Development of performance indicators for each project staff
11. Track data sets as per programme indicators and deliverables with clear guidelines by M&E office
12. Consortium building for joint partnership engagement
13. Initiate/ support proposal development for scaling interventions in various technical areas that FCI is focused on.
14. Liaise with Finance Division in project activity resources budget planning and utilization.
15. Maintain positive relationships with partners and clients.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENT/ COMPETENCIES
1. University Degree: BSc / Agriculture / Agribusiness management / Agronomy or related field. A Masters in the above field will be an added advantage.
2. Excellent project management skills
3. 3- 5 Years of project management experience in Rwanda
4. Solid knowledge and understanding of Agricultural value chains in Rwanda.
5. Technical skills and experience in the areas of agriculture, agribusiness and/or economic growth. Agriculture background is highly desired.
6. Ability to develop and implement trainings and workshops, and/or conduct assessments and evaluations of projects highly desired.
7. A proven record on documentation; strategic plans, business plans, market report writing and market briefs.
8. Proven experience delivering agriculture focused programme to improve livelihoods and reduce poverty of smallholder farmers in Rwanda
9. Proven planning, assessment and analytical skills. Excellent report and proposal writing skills, supported by a high level of attention to detail and the ability to compile comprehensive reports for donors.
10. Knowledge of the agriculture sector in Rwanda and its regulation and stakeholders
11. Experience in market research, market entry, branding and market logistics
12. Experience in analysis of smallholder household value chain participation, marketing and trading in Africa.
JOBS SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Strong customer focus and problem solver
2. Leadership skills and Teamwork ability
3. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
4. Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality
5. Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity
6. Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
7. Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver as part of a team
8. A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers;
9. Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information.
10. Commitment to team-building and ability to develop other team members.
11. Fluent in English for both spoken and written; fluency in Kinyarwanda and French would be an added advantage
FCI VISION :Commercialized smallholder communities with increased incomes for improved, stabilized & sustainable livelihoods in Africa and beyond.